Updated: Jun 8, 2018
If you’re looking for fun things to do in “The Fort” this summer, we’ve come up with a fantastic list of inexpensive and accessible places for you to visit!
1. TinCaps Game. Head on out to the ball game for a night of fun! The TinCaps stadium is accessible to all individuals and provides a great environment for an awesome summer pastime. Plus, every year the TinCaps collaborate with the AWS Foundation to host local disability service providers at a daytime game.
2. Kraeger Park. Take a visit to Taylor’s Dream, an all accessible playground and splash pad. Pack a picnic and get ready to have a wonderful day outdoors!
3. Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo. It may be called the “children’s zoo,” but trust us, it’s fun for everyone. Plus, with its newest addition of a wheelchair accessible train car, the zoo really is a place where everyone can feel comfortable.
4. Allen County Public Library. It’s more than books. With various activities scheduled throughout the summer, the library is a great place to visit. In fact, on some days, it’s the optimal choice to beating that Indiana summer heat.
5. Salomon Farm Park. Take advantage of the ability to explore the farm! Located in Northwest Fort Wayne, Salomon farms is not only educational, but it’s located right next to the Salomon Farm trail and the Pufferbelly trail. It’s a great atmosphere to escape from the business of the city. (Just note, Dupont road is currently closed, so if you want to visit the farm, be sure to take Lima Road.)
6. Visit some food trucks. Who doesn’t love a good street taco or tasty burger? Take an evening and visit some of Fort Wayne’s tastiest locations. Find out where your favorite truck is here or take advantage of many of them all in one location every Thursday night at Ted’s Market.
7. Farmer’s Market. Shop local artisans and taste the local food of farmers and chefs alike. Explore what Fort Wayne vendors have to offer every Saturday at the farmer’s market downtown.
Did we forget anything? Let us know! Share your favorite Fort Wayne activities with us in the comments below.